Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Griping

I won't complain too much about my mother today... just got one thing to get off my chest. On Friday, she tried calling me, and couldn't get through. Now, this has happened before, and she worked herself up into a frenzy. She's even sent the police over to my house before, just because I didn't answer the phone. I don't have an answering machine or voice mail right now, so the last time this happened, I pointed out she could just email me, and I'd let her know what was up if I couldn't call.

On Friday, she did send an email. But not to me. No, she sent a panicked email to The Fat Man's mother. It was to her work account though, so she didn't get it until Monday. Oh, and I did talk to my mother on Friday, around 6pm. The freaked out email, requesting someone else get me to call right away, was because she hadn't been able to get in touch with me during the afternoon. (!!!)

Working sucks. Especially when you work for a company that sucks. Especially when you find out that "some" of your peers are going to be let go. But don't know who, or even how many. My job is still safe, but who knows for how long... When I start training someone in India to "cover" for me, I'll start looking for a new one. And I had just started making decent money at this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home