Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Married No More

As of yesterday, I am officially a divorcee. Now I get to change back to my maiden name everywhere. What a pain in the butt. I gotta say... it seems kinda easy. I mean, I made promises, and now I'm absolved of those. Now I have to figure out what comes next.

  • Change name everywhere (SS card, drivers license, bank, work)
  • Get car insurance
  • Remove ex-husband from medical insurance

Apparently I don't have the good credit I thought I did. I don't have enough credit history. I owned a house for 4 years! My name was on the mortgage too! SO not fair! So I should add "Get credit card," to the list, but that comes after the name change at the bank, along with "Order checks."

When I start to get lists of stuff like this, I get overwhelmed and curl up in bed and don't do any of it. So must start small. "Remove ex from medical" is a possibility for today, but I forgot the divorce paperwork at home, so maybe tomorrow. "Get car insurance" is kinda important... AllState (who I was with) is freaking expensive though. I think I'll be calling Geico tonight. Aren't they supposed to be cheap?

1 Comments:

  • At February 09, 2005 10:28 AM, Blogger Tater said…

    No, don't do it... they suck... go with someone else like American Family or Country Companies... at least you're agent will be local... My wife had Geico and canceled her insurance... they didn't do it... then they demanded money. Plus I don't trust a company who's "mascot" is a gecko... and spends that much money on commercials.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home