Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Creative Yearnings

Every so often I get the urge to be creative... write something, draw something, design something... trouble is, I'm not actually creative. I'd like to write a thought provoking short story, but I can't ever seem to remember the point I was trying to make by the end. I'd like to capture something that touches me in a drawing, but I don't have the talent. This Blog is part of my creativity urge. At least here, I get practice in writing, even if it's not very creative right now.

The Fat Man recently gave me a present. Just a Geek by Wil Wheaton. When he originally started his Blog, back in 2001, the writing was... not up to the caliber it is today. Now, he's published two books, and just announced he has a weekly column. Blogging helped him with his writing...

The NWN module that The Fat Man is writing for me to create is another way I'll get to feel creative, and hone skills (in this case programming skills). I'm quite looking forward to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home