Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Friday, February 04, 2005

Finishing Business

I had the meeting with my soon-to-be-ex-husband. He goes before a judge on Tuesday to officially end things. Then I get to change everything back to my maiden name. Oh what fun that sounds. Things went well, he's not angry at me for now, I still feel bad about what I've done to him. He thinks we can try be friends, but he said that two months ago, and it hasn't worked so well so far.

When I split from my husband, he gave me $5,000, my car (which he paid off in full), and my ROTH IRA, which originally had $6,000 invested into it. I found out today that the IRA now has close to $8,000 in it, and I have $4,750 in my savings, and another $1,360 in my checking. I know I don't make very much, so I'm a little confused as to how I managed to make $1K in 2 months, I'm pretty sure I've even been chipping in about 50% on expenses.

So now I somehow have $14k, and nothing to spend it on... I'm thinking that a house is a much closer possibility than I had thought. I'll have to see how continued saving goes. Not sure that $250 a paycheck will be doable in the long run, but I'm gonna give it a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home