Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Life is good

Unless my background check shows something interesting in my past (and I'll want to know where the hell I was when that was happening), I've got the job I wanted.

WOOHOO!!!

Just gotta get the paperwork done, and let them get the background check done, and by the time they make their formal offer, I should be laid off already. It's all so perfect, it's making me worried.

2 Comments:

  • At September 16, 2005 6:43 AM, Blogger Lord Runolfr said…

    Yes, be afraid. Be very afraid.

    Or not. Barring any signficant arrests in your background, I daresay you've got the job.

    Unless of course this is one of those few jobs for which they can actually administer a polygraph test. Those things are utter shams, but they're easy enough to fool because of that.

     
  • At September 16, 2005 8:18 AM, Blogger Tam said…

    Hahah, funny you should say that, there is a polygraph. Scheduled for next week. I figure it's there mostly to freak out the people who're going to lie on the background check. But yeah, the fact that a test like that could actually prevent me from getting this position is just stupid.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home