Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Am I not being clear?

Tam says:
You have SQL query analyzer installed now, correct? and the PPTP connection set up? We need to test if you can run the call dumping reports...
Maheshwar says:
yes we've SQL query analyzer installed now and the PPTP connection set up so perhaps we might be able to run the call dumping reports...
Tam says:
go ahead and check that you can run the querys on Phonedata as soon as possible... if you can, those reports are now yours and Arun’s
Tam says:
they only need to be done once a week, I usually do them on wednesday or thursday
Maheshwar says:
ok...
Maheshwar says:
ok...
Tam says:
let me know if you have any issues though, so I can get them done if you can’t run teh queries yet
Maheshwar says:
ok...

About 4 hours later...

Tam says:
were you able to run the Call Dumping Query on Phonedata?
Maheshwar says:
honestly speaking we haven't tested it yet becoz we are focusing more on KPI at present, we'll get back to it today only as soon as we clear all our doubts on KPI...
Tam says:
ok, I’ll do them for this week then, but we need to test that today, and let sean and rohit know if there are any issues
Maheshwar says:
sure...
Tam says:
in fact, could you go ahead and check right now... just to see if you can log on and the query will run
Tam says:
you have the template I sent last week, right?
Maheshwar says:
yes...the one u r talking about is short calls.xls and call dumping.xls I guess...
Tam says:
yes, the queries are in the Call Dumping.xls file
Maheshwar says:
ok... we'll check it right now...
Tam says:
thank you... you’ll need to connect to pptp, and then to phonedata using query analyzer

10 minutes later...

Tam says:
are you having problems getting there?
Maheshwar says:
no no we got it...
Tam says:
ok, and you’re able to connect to phonedata and run the query?
Maheshwar says:
oh yes...
Maheshwar says:
we have just checked one of them...
Tam says:
ok, I’ll do it for this week then, but starting next week you guys will be responsible for this report...
Maheshwar says:
absolutely...

First of all, was it not perfectly clear I was asking them to test something in a timely manner in the first part of the conversation? Second... isn't it customary to SAY IF IT WORKS when someone asks you to test something? And lastly, it's "you" not "u" and "are" not "r"... they are three letter words! It really won't slow you down that much to type out the extra two letters.

Addendum: If it wasn't clear that I'm not being understood from the conversation above, allow me to point out that after this conversation, Maheshwar and Arun started doing the reports I'd asked them to do in the morning... now, if you read the conversation, I say twice that I need them to test that they can run a query, but that I will do the work for this week. After I told them I would do the work, that's when they start doing the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home