Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Good News on the Job-front?

The very first position I applied for is looking the most promising. I've passed the initial application screening, and now get to schedule an appointment for a practical test. I happen to know the person who prepared this test, and although they won't tell me what's on it, they assure me I should be able to do fine. Now I just need to remind myself of the specifics I've forgotten in the close to 2 years since I was troubleshooting computers and networks on a daily basis, and try not to cripple myself with nerves... This weekend is going to be such a study session at my house.

If I manage to get this job, I'll be earning just over $7,000 per year more than what I do now. That's about a 30% increase (do the math on that one... told you I was underpaid). I'm a bit nervous about making such a big jump in pay, it just seems a little too good to be true.

I don't know how many people applied for this position originally, but 35 have moved on with me to this next step. The two people on the list that I know already accepted other jobs, so chances are not everyone will bother scheduling their practical test, which will be good, because I'm not sure how well I interview. I've never talked with anyone and NOT gotten a job, but I don't know that any of that actually counted as a real interview. I tend to just get handed things, but then, I don't have a history of being particularly ambitious.

Excuse me now, I have to go study some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home