Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Farewell Kaibab

No pictures from today. I rode Kaibab again, but he’s leaving on Wednesday to spend a year in Alabama, so I won’t be riding him again for a while. Not sure who I will be riding next week, and someone usually rides Gretsky while I’m on Kai… Oh well, there’s still Wild Thing and Ikarus, and maybe Domino for the other lady.

More work on the 20 meter circle today. I must have been doing ok, because Anna threw in a serpentine change of direction. Two half 10 meter circles through the middle of the 20 meter circle, and you’re back on the bigger circle going the other way. Thing is, at trot, half a 10 meter circle is really small.

“Remember, Cross Your Heart… lift and separate,” was Anna’s reminder to keep my shoulders back. She also pointed out that I was one of the lucky ones, I could have correct posture without leading with my bust... Score for the flat chested women.

When I was done, and giving Kai his post-lesson groom, Anna's next lesson arrived. A little girl, maybe 7 years old. She wasn't even going to ride the pony either, they brought out Wild Thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home