Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

The Jeans

On July 3, I went up to Phoenix and went shopping with my mom. The original plan was to get "interview clothes" and a pair of shoes, but that morning, I pulled on my favorite pair of jeans and ripped the ass out of them. So, new jeans too.

We went to Express, because that was the first store I ever found jeans that fitted in, first men's pants (back when the men's side was Structure), and finally women's pants when they came up with the BRILLIANT idea of having different lengths of woman's pants. I tried on a pair of jeans, and LOVED them. They were an absolutely perfect fit. Just perfect. I decided to get two pair, and grabbed another pair of the same size, same cut, different color jeans, and bought them, without trying them on. My mother told me to, but I scoffed at her... These jeans were PERFECT.

When I got back to Tucson, I removed all the tags from all the clothes I'd bought, and the next day they all got washed. I wore the pair I'd already tried on before, but yesterday morning I was going to wear the second pair for the first time. And they don't fit... They're the same size and cut as the other pair, but these jeans have a waist so big I can pull them off without unbuttoning. The waist is so big that if I try to belt them, it bunches up and digs into me. The front of the waist is too low, and the back is too high. In short, these jeans are totally unwearable, but I'd already taken off the tags and washed them, so I highly doubt I can take them back to the store.

I HATE it when my mom is right!

1 Comments:

  • At July 12, 2005 1:48 PM, Blogger Lord Runolfr said…

    OK, important safety tip for me. I bought three pair of slacks over the weekend, but only tried on one of them. Same manufacturer, same size; they ought to all fit just the same, but...

    I think I'll try on the other two before I remove the tags or wash them. You never know what the quality control standards are going to be like in China or Ecuador or wherever they actually sewed them together.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home