Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

I'm WHAT size?!

When I was in high school, I remember wearing size 8 or 9 jeans. I swear, I remember that. When I went shopping last weekend for "interview" clothes, I clearly remembered that I used to be a size 8. After glancing at a pair of size 8 pants, I decided I must be a 6 now. After trying on a pair of size 6 pants, and being concerned that a strong wind might make them fall down, I decided to go with size 4.

When did they start making clothes bigger? Cause I swear I used to wear a size 8 or 9 when I was in high school...

3 Comments:

  • At July 06, 2005 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And how many years ago was that, that you were in high school? They actually are making clothes bigger because the population is getting bigger; however, Lisa is right, you are a lean mean horse riding machine. And you do look good.

     
  • At July 06, 2005 11:45 AM, Blogger Tam said…

    It's been 11 years now since I graduated high school. I graduated in 1994, a week or so before my 17th birthday.

    It seems strange that they changed the sizes... why not just make more bigger sizes?

    I don't understand why they don't size women's clothes with actual mesurements, "36 inch hip," or "26 inch waist."

    I shouldn't complain too much, at least they're finally giving me long pants.

     
  • At July 07, 2005 7:41 AM, Blogger Lord Runolfr said…

    I have to agree with Lisa and Joan that you're probably working your way down to a smaller size with the riding.

    Of course, my wife also tells me that women's sizes also vary from one manufacturer to another, so that may also be part of the problem.

    And, of course, memory is a fluid thing. Just because you distinctly remember wearing an 8 or 9 doesn't mean you really did; you may just have some numbers confused in your memory. I know I've been wrong about things I was sure of before. Do you actually have anything that's size 8 in your closet?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home