Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Screwed again...

Last week at karate, I thought my driver side back tire might be a little low, but The Fat Man didn't think so, and despite meaning to keep checking it, I quickly forgot.

On Sunday I drove up to Phoenix to see my father who's going to be working 12 hour nights for the next 3 months. When I arrived, the driver side back tire was low... very low. My dad pumped some air into it while I was there, and it didn't seem to go down any, so it was decided it would be safe to drive back to Tucson, and take it into Discount Tire Co at the first opportunity. That opportunity was today.

I left work a little early, stopped off at the apartment (which honestly is on the way), to grab a book, and went to Discount Tire Co. I parked, walked in, and was greeted by a worker.

“I appear to have a slow puncture,” I explained, and he led the way back to my car so he could see the problem.

“Back driver side,” he said when we were still over half way across the parking lot.

“What?”

“It’s the back driver side tire that’s the problem?”

I hadn’t told him which tire yet. I looked back at my car. The back tire was a little low, but nothing to really scream at you. It was at that stage (after the refilling on Sunday), where you think it might be low, but can’t really tell yet.

I must have looked confused, because he explained. “There’s a screw in it.”

I look back… sure enough, there was a glint of silver in the tire tread. “Oh… I seem to have a habit of driving over those.”

Anyone know where I could be picking up screws? Cause… I really don’t like them… at least without dinner and a movie first.

1 Comments:

  • At July 05, 2005 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    CVG has a ton of screws in the parking lot... especially if you have to park in the street...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home