Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Riding Solo

solo

Today, I was on my own! Check out Kai and me, sans longe line! More pictures from today can be found here.

This lesson had a lot of walk and trot, and transitioning between. Going from trot to walk turned out to be very easy. Whenever I stopped telling Kai to keep trotting, I was back at a walk. Basically, ever time I decided, "I'll ask for walk right up there..." I was already walking.

Lots and lots of trotting today. My calves hate me now. We also did some 20 meter circles... ok, calling them circles may have been a little generous.... how about 20 meter ovals, eggs, diamonds, and various combinations of those shapes.

I do need to work on my posture and position. Every so often I would remember, and correct myself, shoulders back, sit up straight. And 2 minutes later I would be hunched forward again.

At the end of the lesson, I got to walk Kai around the property. Just walking wherever I wanted to go. I got to watch the guy on the grey horse who always has a lesson in the main dressage arena at the same time as I do on Saturday. I got to ride a bit on the trail that circles the stables, and go up and down tiny little hills.

Anna did say I was doing quite well. I was pretty pleased that even with all the trotting, I wasn't pulling on the reins to balance (after all those blisters from pulling on the little strap in front of the saddle, I was a little worried about that).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home