Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Blonding

I got my hair from my father's genes. I have the same thick, reddish brown hair as my Dad. He's around 60 now, and still has hair so thick he can't wear a hat. Hats literally pop right off his head.

As he's aged, the reddish brown has gotten "blonder." As white and grey hairs interspersed with the reddish brown, the end result was just a general lightening of his hair to a kind of dull strawberry blond. Now he's finally gotten enough grey (especially in his beard), that it is actually taking on a grey hue... but for a long time we used to tease him that he was blonding.

I'm blonding.

I've always had white hairs. I mean, I can remember at 6 my mother finding my three white hairs. They were placed randomly on my head... one at the front, one on one side, and one somewhere on the back.

As I was getting ready for bed last night, I looked in the mirror and saw a little baby white hair growing in, right at the front. I wasn't too worried about it, until I noticed the other longer one growing right beside it... I leaned in, and there was a third one right there too! I adjusted the spot with my fingers, and a fourth came into view! I have 4... FOUR, white hairs, growing in just above my left temple. FOUR!

I said I'm blonding!

2 Comments:

  • At July 13, 2005 7:18 AM, Blogger Joe said…

    No she didn't. She wandered about the house after me as I was getting ready for bed saying "FOUR!!!! ALL TOGETHER!!!"

    Help me...

     
  • At July 13, 2005 2:18 PM, Blogger Tater said…

    I've been saying the same thing about my beard... it's not white or grey... it's blonde... very blonde

     

Post a Comment

<< Home