Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Saturday, July 16, 2005

Chapter 1 of The DMV

In Karate last week, the ex handed me some mail that had come to his address. It was the registration for my car. I don't need to get an emissions test, just pay it. But the registration was addressed to my husband and me under my married name. The car's title is still under those names, and it shouldn't be. So I decided to get that changed before paying the registration, in hopes the registration would be sent to the right address.

Although I spent the morning procrastinating, I did finally go to the DMV yesterday. It's a half hour drive, and I got there at about 1:45. It was busy. I had to wait in line for 15 minutes to get a number. C109. Then I got to sit and wait. The C's actually seemed to move along pretty quickly, they were on C72 after I got my number, and by 3:15 they called C99. At 3:45, the end was in sight, and C107 was called. At 4:00 after close to 10 minutes with NO numbers being called, a guy came out to inform us the computers were down, state wide. They were still trying to get stuff done though. At 4:15 I was called, but the computers would not cooperate.

By 4:45, with the computers down state wide, and no ETA on them coming back, the poor lady at the window I was at suggested I try another day.

"What you need done doesn't take long," she explained.

"I've been here for 3 hours."

"...once you get to a window."

The return trip hopefully won't be exciting enough to write about... but there will be one. Probably next Friday... No procrastinating the morning away though. :(

2 Comments:

  • At July 19, 2005 7:08 AM, Blogger Lord Runolfr said…

    That's the sort of situation that just begs for a violent response.

     
  • At July 19, 2005 9:57 PM, Blogger Tater said…

    Better hurry, the gov'ment has all the states moving towards a national ID system and therefore things like online renewal will be a thing of the past along with those long ass experations... so the lines at the DMV will only get longer...
    This news article says so... so it must be true

     

Post a Comment

<< Home