Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Day of Reductions

I'm up to three Indians now, and they even finally managed to get a phone for the last 15 minutes of my 4 hour training session this morning. And then came the reductions.

Apparently the company announced a while ago that there was going to be some restructuring, so if I'd been paying attention, today wouldn't have been a surprise. Well, I still wouldn't have known who would be gone, but I would have expected something. One member of my team is now gone, the one who actually thought we'd last out the year. Not so much... at least in his case.

It's deathly quiet now. Of the 11 cubes in the area I sit, only 3 are now in use. Four have sat empty since my old project was ended, three people got laid off today, and one guy now works from home. Shhh!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home