Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lack of Updates

I started training the two (2) people in India who will be replacing me when the company lays me off. Training two people in who are in India, while I am in Arizona, and they have no phone... lemme tell you, it's a blast.

There was no karate last week. I was explaining this to my mother...

"One guy's going to be out of town, and the other has a murder trial starting next week."

There is an intake of breath, followed by a loaded silence from my mother. I know there is something wrong with what I've said, and I'm not sure what, so I think for a few seconds.

"He's a lawyer."

"Oooh." The relief is audible as my mother lets out the breath she was holding. Gotta be careful when talking to mom's.

So karate should start back up tonight, and on a Thursday later this month, there will be testing.

There, you've been updated, I gotta get back to my Indians.

2 Comments:

  • At August 03, 2005 7:33 AM, Blogger Lord Runolfr said…

    Does your employer not see a certain conflict of interest in assigning you to train people to replace you when they lay you off?

     
  • At August 04, 2005 10:06 AM, Blogger Tam said…

    I'm sorry, they didn't hear your question over the sound of their costs dropping... well, on paper at least.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home