Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Mum to Tam Translations...

So, I emailed my mother about the possible job, and her response really pissed me off, and I know she doesn't mean anything like what I read into what she's written, but that doesn't help.


It sounds great Tam. Fingers crossed (ours are too).
Translation: Good so far.


- Are you still applying for other jobs?
Translation: I think the fact that you sounded excited about the job you told me about means you are going to do something stupid, like stop applying for other positions, before you actually have a job, so when you fail to get this position, you will be unemployed.


Did the construction guy get back to you? Oh, did you hear back from
Pima College yet?
Translation: Instead of being pleased with anything positive, you should be focusing on your failures, because even though "construction guy" said something about trying to schedule interviews "next week," and it's early Monday afternoon right now, by saying no (and there is no way the answer could be yes yet, because you're at work), you're a failure, because I think you should have heard back already.

Love, Mum

Translation: Always here to crush any hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home