Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Lesson 11

Gretsky

Gretsky again today. Lots of work on trying to get an energetic walk and trot. I gotta get more comfortable using the dressage whip. Gretsky pays far more attention to my legs if he thinks I'll back them up with the whip. I just have some kind of mental block, where using the whip is like admitting I wasn't good enough. I did finally manage to get a good working trot though.

waterbreak

Today was nice and cool and cloudy, but the flies were horrible. Every time poor Gretsky shook his head, a cloud of flies exploded and then quickly decended back to his face. When we stopped for a water break for me, he took the chance to try scrape the flies off against his leg.

Pia

Lets play a game of "Find the Jack Russel Terrier." Pia is in this picture, but don't look on the ground.

view

No lesson next week. Anna will be out of town again. But the week after, we're going to go on a trail ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home