Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Great Unknown

So, The Fat Man is looking for a new job. He's looking in Tucson, and further afield. My job is still secure for now, but that could (and probably will at some point), change pretty quickly. With the severance pay, we have over 4 months, probably closer to 8 months, before the financial burden would move more squarely to me. There's nothing to worry about for quite some time. A $9/hour job would probably be enough to allow The Fat Man to cover his half of the bills, and while a good job may be hard to come by in Tucson, $9/hour isn't. And yet I'm stressed.

I'm scared of having to decide to move as well. As mentioned above, I'd have a hard time saying my job will be here in a couple of years, and the company itself doesn't really inspire loyalty, so it seems rather silly to stay for the job (although I'll hate having to find a new one). My friends are here in town, but as I was writing this, I realized how pathetically few friends I have. The Fat Man is half of my good friends I actually see, or at least talk to regularly.

Well, now I've succeeded in depressing myself, I'll actually try get some more work done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home