Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Another weekend

The Fat Man was a little stressed after a week of working for his mother (thankfully that's over now), so we went up to Phoenix this weekend. We got to meet the beautiful Becka-Boo, and I got to go to Ikea with my mom. I now have a cool new birch coffeetable, and two new desks are going to come down with my parents closer to my birthday. My mother SO wanted to keep spending. It was kind of scary.

Tell me, am I the only one who ends up livid if people keep asking the same question even after I've already answered? Or maybe my answers are confusing...

Mum: "Do you want a drawer for your keyboard?"
Me: "I don't think there is one for this model of desk... but no."
Mum: "They make generic ones that fit on anything."
Me: "That one's for a different desk. But no, I don't want one."
Mum: "I'm sure we could find one that would work."
Me: "I don't want one! I don't like them."
Mum: "Well... are you sure?"
Me: "...!"

We had that conversation about different items, about 30 different times during the day. They usually ended with me just walking off to the next item.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home