Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Head's Up!

It's my birthday in a couple of weeks (exactly 3 weeks from today, but who's counting?), and I've asked The Fat Man for a riding lesson. Horse riding you sickos. But it's not that simple, most riding you're going to see in the Southwest is western. I ride english.

My first riding lesson was on my 6th birthday. My mother finally caved to my constant pleas for a pony. I never did get my own pony, but I got to ride once a week, almost every week, until I left Scotland close to 7 years later. Now, in Scotland if you ride, you ride english.

When I got to Arizona, I made friends with a girl who had her own horse, and I was able to ride at her house for a while. I was also able to join a pony club and get some additional riding time in. But the last time I was on a horse was over 10 years ago now.

It's not that I'm horribly opposed to western riding, but if I was ever to go further in my riding, I'd want to get into eventing. If you're interested, check out What is Eventing? on the US Eventing Association page.

I don't know if The Fat Man has found a place for me to have my lesson yet. If he does manage to pull it off, I'm sure I'll make him come along with a camera. I can't wait!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home