Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Weekend Plans

I keep reading blogs of people who seem to actually have lives. At least they have stuff to do on the weekend. Last weekend I sat for an hour or so and waited for someone to see me so I could change my name on my Social Security card. First though, I got to talk to the little old receptionist lady. I explained I was there to change the name, and she beamed at me happily. "Marriage?"

"No," I explained with a grimace, "divorce."

Her smile vanished and she looked at me like I'd suddenly grown scales. What a good start to the weekend.

After that I was going to change the name on my drivers license, but apparently you have to wait 48 hours (not including weekends), from when you change a name with Social Security, before you can change it at the DMV. So that got pushed off to this Friday.

Tomorrow I also get to come into work for some training. But I'll almost definatly run into some OT for that, so it should be worth it when I get my paycheck.

Saturday my parents are coming down to visit, since my mother is apparently deeply in withdrawl after being in Scotland for a month, and not seeing me.

See, I have a life... it's exciting and all... Really, is there any way to make waiting at the DMV interesting?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home