Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Dream

In the dream I'm sleeping in my old bed, in my parents house, and he comes in. He starts to come toward me, like he's going to do something, and I'm terrified. I beg him to stop, to leave. "There's nothing you can do about it," he tells me.

That's when I remember. There is something I can do about it now. I don't need to hide anything anymore. Anyone who needs to know already does. And anyone else finding out doesn't matter. "That was then," I hear myself say, like a line out of a movie. "And this is now."

I pull up my leg so I can kick at him, I draw back my arm so I can punch. I don't know if I can win this fight, but I do know I can make him hurt. I know can give him scars that he will have to explain in the morning. I've already explained mine.

I wake up before finding out how things went... It didn't really matter though, that was enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home