Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

So Why am I Upset?

The ex-husband promised me just over a month ago that if I ever wanted to go back to him, he would be there for me. I didn't ever intend to take him up on that offer, I still don't, but last week he retracted the offer, and it hurt.

I told you that I would still be here for you, if you changed your mind. I have to take that back now. I've met someone else, and while we don't know if it is going to work out, we are already to the point where I could no longer honor that commitment to you. And even if it does not work out, I have come to realize that there are other women out there who are interested in me, and that whether or not I am single is a choice I make, not one imposed on me. And I know I do not wish to remain single.

I'm torn between being hurt that his promise only lasted a month, and shocked that he actually thought it wouldn't be his choice to remain single. I mean, I have no desire to go back to him. I'm happy that he can move forward with his life. I don't wish ill on him, and hope he can find happiness... But it still hurts to read that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home