Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Money Revisited

So, I wrote that bit about how I enjoy watching my money, and since then have been paying out the nose. $489 for 6 months of car insurance, $162 for a visit to the dentist, $50 for my cat's annual vet checkup. So I decided to amend my previous position... I like watching my bank account as long as it goes up.

It started with $185 to renew my Resident Alien Card. That only needs to be done once every 10 years, so if it put me a little low for the two week period it came out of, it wasn't a big deal. Then the car insurance... well that's for 6 months, so really I should just expect my bank account to go up by $81.50 a month until September.... Then the dentist... better make that $108.50 a month. Then the vet... I'm beginning to think this never ends. My checking account has gone from having quite a bit over $1k in it at the beginning of the month, to $500 now. And I got paid in that time (not all of my paycheck goes to my checking account, but still). At what point do I get to start going up again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home