Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

What I Want.

I want to have a house. A nice new house. Or at least a nice house that's clean, with a reasonably new kitchen and bathrooms, and no dust caught on the spider webs in the corners. The house has to have a yard, and I want a dog too. Just a mutt from the Humane Society, probably a lab mix or something...

This house doesn't need to be huge. At least one spare bedroom (that would actually be a spare bedroom so people could visit, or eventually a kid's room), and a place for the "office" (probably another bedroom). I'd like to have nice furniture in this house. Furniture that matches, and that doesn't look run down or ratty. Stuff that will stand up to Orion's claws for a while. I want air conditioning, and a dishwasher, and a garage for my car.

I want a house in a nice quiet development, far away from any major streets, and away from even the main road through the development. I want a park in the neighborhood where I can walk my dog, and let him play with other dogs.

The house would have to be in a decent school district, because after all this stuff is set up and stable, I think I might want a child. I never used to want a family, but apparently I do have a biological clock, and it just started ticking.

The problem with all this is that it requires money, and while I have no problem waiting while I save money, the Feds just have to go and raise the rate, which is bound to impact the mortgage rate, which means I'll be paying more for my home. The bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home