Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Unemployed

Yesterday I was laid off, which makes today my first day of unemployment... I did have some stuff to do though. There was a dentist appointment in the morning, then I dropped off my paperwork to get severance (which was better than I thought it would be, so yay, but no insurance starting tomorrow, so boo). Then I came home, changed into PJ's, and expected a nice quite day, perhaps with some moping about being unemployed.

After about 30 minutes of WoW, I got a call from personnel, they'd been told I got laid off yesterday, so wanted to get moving ASAP! I went down to pick up the info for the drug test, got fingerprinted, got some hair cut off (the drug test), and have an appointment to pee in a cup on Monday.

If everything is done on time, I should have orientation next Thursday, and start the Monday after that (October 10). Except there's a rumor that Monday is a holiday, so I would get the day off with pay, and start on the Tuesday... I'm LOVING this County job thing!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home