Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Don't Worry, Be Happy.

I really need to stop worrying myself sick over stuff I can't do anything about right now. I'm so stressed about this possible new job (they haven't called back yet, but my personal references just got forms to fill out and mail back), I'm all sore and stiff and haven't been sleeping well.

Today I was thinking about it, and I figured out that after I get all my severance and PTO for my current job, I should have enough money to live as I am for an entire year. That's without paying for health insurace, so no horse riding or anything too exciting. But I can pay my half of rent, utilities, and food, pay my car insurance for the next year, and have about $1000 left over for gas and clothes... ok, so it would be tight to go the whole 12 months, but if I haven't found another job by then, I'll be ready to move back in with my parents, or be committed, or whatever.

Point is, I need to chill out for now. I'm going to get laid off tomorrow, and will have an undetermined amount of time before I get a new job. If things work out as planned, that time should only be a week or two, but if things don't work out as planned, it'll be close to a year from now, with no income, that I actually start running out of money. That's insane amounts of security.

Deep breaths. No worries. Everything will be fine.

1 Comments:

  • At September 29, 2005 5:42 AM, Blogger Lord Runolfr said…

    Post resumes on monster.com, computerjobs.com, thingamajob.com, etc., etc., etc. even though you're waiting on a response from this interview. Having lots of irons in the fire never hurts. You'll probably be bombarded with phone calls from recruiters about the time you get an offer from the folks you interviewed with. That's a corollary to Murphy's Law of job searches.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home