Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

In the Backseat

I'm currently working on an evaluation of some new computers for the cops to use in their cars. Yesterday I was at the shop, waiting around as all the new hardware was installed for the guy who's going to be testing this particular unit. As I didn't really have anything to do while I was waiting, I got to check out their new SWAT tanks, the undercover traffic car, and what was in the backset of the patrol car that was being worked on.

When I first glanced through the back window I could see the case of Milwaukee's Best sitting on the floor. I chuckled, thought it was a little odd, and then realized there was a choice... there was also a six pack of Red Stripe Jamaican Lager sitting on the seat (hard plastic seats... it is where the bad guys get to sit). Now quite obvious in my peering through the window, I found to my surprise, that what I had first taken to be a 2 gallon bottle of water, was in fact the largest bottle of Smirnoff vodka I have ever seen.

"Wow," I said as the deputy walked past. "You have the makings of quite a party back there."

He turned around, saw what I was looking at and said, "Did you see the bong?"

I think my jaw dropped.

2 Comments:

  • At March 22, 2006 1:00 PM, Blogger Lord Runolfr said…

    Should we assume that this stuff was collected during assorted busts, or is there a less-logical-but-nonetheless-true explanation?

     
  • At March 26, 2006 10:07 PM, Blogger Tam said…

    Yes, it was confiscated stuff. Just made us non-cops take a second look. And the bong bit was really funny. It was in a little black carrying case, with it's own cleaning brush and everything! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home