Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

My Job is SO Cool!!!

Today I helped someone at the FBI get some software installed.

Someone from the FBI actually showed up at my place of work to ask for me, and they were told that there was no Tamara who worked there (damn front desk, I put their computers on our new domain last week!). Eventually I was found, and was able to hand over the software required (by the FBI!!!).

My job is SOO cool!

2 Comments:

  • At November 18, 2005 7:06 AM, Blogger Lord Runolfr said…

    I suppose that what they wanted was dreadfully classfied: if you told us what it was, you'd have to kill us.

    So... why doesn't the FBI have their own IT staff? That doesn't make a whole heck of a lot of sense.

     
  • At November 18, 2005 7:49 AM, Blogger Tam said…

    Heh, I just helped them install a program. I don't think the program I was helping install is classified, it's what that program can access that's the part no one else gets to see. :)

    They do have their own IT staff, but my department is the point of contact for everyone in the county (even the different city organizations), who need access to the state and national crime database. Apparently that includes the local FBI office. They were having issues installing the new version of the software (mostly because they didn't have the new version, hence the visit to pick it up).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home