Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Tales from the County: The Printer that Hated Me

I got a call, someone had a printer issue. The issue was, the printer was dead. No lights came on, it didn't do anything, it was like there was no power getting to it. This printer was up on the third floor (in the bigwig area, I have to ring a doorbell to get in), so up two flights of stairs I went, to verify it was actually plugged in.

The printer was plugged in, and the power strip was turned on, and the printer was getting no power. I happened to have the exact same model of printer on my desk downstairs, so I decided to take the printer down, verify downstairs that it was truly dead, and replace it with my printer if it was.

I carried the printer down the two flights of stairs. When I plugged the problem printer in in my office, it lit up instantly. So I figured, maybe the problem was the power cord.

I took the power cord from my printer, and the problem printer, and carried them back up two flights of stairs. When I got back to the bigwig office, and plugged the printer back in with the new power cord, the one that had just worked downstairs, the printer was dead again.

After trying several different outlets, it was clear that the printer was not going to turn on. So I took it back down two flights of stairs, and plugged it in again in my office. It stayed dead this time. So my printer then made the trip up two flights of stairs, where it got plugged in and worked fine.

The problem printer didn't get to take any more trips upstairs. I took that out to the trash in the parking lot. Teach it to lie to me like that! Least I got lots of exercise...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home