Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Totally Unmotivated

I've been totally unmotivated to write about anything this week. I just want Saturday to roll around again and go riding. Just trying to get through the week... Fortunately there's stuff to keep me occupied between Saturdays. I'm apparently going to be testing for my black belt in Karate sometime next month. Doesn't that mean I'm supposed to be a bad-ass or something?

The Fat Man is going to be testing for a yellow, or maybe a green belt, and another guy will be testing with me for black. The problem is, the guy testing for black, isn’t as good as The Fat Man. He used to come to karate regularly (used to meaning about 7 years ago), which is when he got his brown belt. Now, after years of not coming, and some pretty serious health problems, he’s coming pretty regularly again. This is a good thing, he’s a nice guy and the exercise is good for him. But right now he’s not really good enough to deserve his brown belt, and they’re going to be testing him with me?

I was getting quite annoyed last night as my Ex insisted that this guy needed to know higher and higher level kata… He needs to know the stuff that got him the brown belt first, and he doesn’t right now. Introducing new stuff before you’re really comfortable with the old isn’t unusual in this karate class, but he certainly doesn’t “need” to know the kata for the second rank of black belt at this point. It might be good if he knew the kata for green though.

1 Comments:

  • At June 16, 2005 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay, so if anyone reads this who isn't a karate person they would never know what a kata is. I've been listening to you and The Fat Man though and so I am somewhat knowledgeable. Anyway, good luck with your black belt testing - go Tam! Whoohoo!!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home