Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Why do I let him?

Last week, on my birthday, I got an email from my ex-husband. He wished me a happy birthday, asked how I was doing, and told me he had proposed to his new girlfriend. Keep in mind, my birthday was also our anniversary, and 6 months since we'd split.

I ignored the fact I thought telling me about his proposal on my birthday/anniversary was a little harsh, and responded saying that I was a little down because of what else the day should have been, but that I'd started riding again the weekend before. I included a link to the horsie blog, figuring if it was safe for my mother, it was safe for anyone.

He responded:
I'm glad you got back into riding... although the blog seems like an awful lot of documentation, lol.

I don't know what I expected from him, but making fun of me wasn't it. I've been very careful to be nice to him, supportive of him, even when it hurts me. I made sure to ask him how his trip to Australia went to see his new girlfriend. I listened to all his stories. I was polite and interested, and he thanked me for it. He told me it meant a lot to him that I was interested, and ok with things. But when I try to share something that is important to me (and I know there's a lot of documentation, but it's because I am really excited about being able to ride again), he makes fun of it.

Yesterday, I went to karate, and was expecting at least a mention of my horse riding. I didn't think that faking a little interest, to ask how it went, or if I was sore, any kind of acknowledgement, was asking to much. But apparently all I'm going to get is a laugh.

And he always complained I didn't share. Wow, I wonder why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home