Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Saturday, May 28, 2005

First Riding Lesson (in 12 years)

It was a wonderful day for a ride in Tucson. Yesterday it rained, so this morning was still cool (mid-70's counts as cool in Tucson summer), and damp.



When we first arrived, we got to meet Pia, the little rodent hunting dog. She also ran through the small arena we were in during my lesson, to go attack some gopher holes (or whatever kinda hole it was). Very cute little dog, and all the horses were completely calm around her.




Then we went to get the horse I would be riding. And when I say horse, I certainly don't mean a little pony like Sundancer.




After we convinced Kaibab that no one would steal his hay in his absence, I got to say hi, and groom him.




Oh! It's kinda high up here.




I was being longed, and didn't quite know what to do with my hands. I'm also sitting too far back in the saddle here I think.




I also got to do some trotting. It's been a while, I had forgotten how tiring it can be... or maybe it's just more tiring now I'm not 10 anymore.




Oh, and did I mention bouncy? If it looks like I'm holding on for dear life here... well, not quite, but if it had gone on for much longer I'd have blisters from holding that little strap. I'm glad I didn't have reins to yank.




After some walking and trotting, I was done for the day. Another quick groom for Kaibab, and he got to go back to his hay. But I'll be back next week. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home