Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Do I Have Fat Calves?!

I went up to Phoenix yesterday, and my mother took me to a horsie store to get a pair of riding pants. I wasn't quite sure what size I was, and had forgotten to get measurements before to help me pick. So after looking at a few, I decided to try on a pair of 28L. They fit at the waist, they fit at the hips, thighs were fine... but wait... the CALVES are too tight?

Now, riding breeches are supposed to be tight. They are supposed to be skin tight, so they don’t move against you and chaff. But I was actually worried the material would split after I managed to get them on, it had stretched as far as it could stretch, and actually caused a cramp in my calve getting them off. Nowhere else where they stretched that tight! Just below the knee… so apparently they make riding pants for women with bigger asses and thighs than me, but smaller calves… who knew?

I ended up getting 30L, which seems to fit fine, except the waist is too big. But I don’t think I’ve ever managed to get a pair of pants that fit at the waist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home