Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Lesson # 3!

I got to ride a different horse today, but no smaller than Kaibab (if anything Gretsky was slightly larger).

Gretsky was quite sure that SOMETHING around there was edible... my shirt maybe?

touch toes touch ears surrender

I got to do lots of stretching and moving around today (while moving). Touching my toes, reaching forward to touch the horse' ears, and stretching up... or maybe I was surrendering.

Gretsky has a much easier trot to sit than Kaibab, and we did a lot of sitting trot this week, which went really well. I do still need to work on keeping the stirrups where they are supposed to be though.

let go

And then I got to trot while circling one arm back. Hopefully the blister on the ring finger of my left hand will be gone for next week. In my defense, the blister is probably because I managed to get some fiberglass in the palm of my left hand getting my cat off the roof on Thursday... so I was doing strange things to avoid having anything touch my palm.

carrot

And finally I got to feed Gretsky some carrots. FINALLY, something EDIBLE! He inhaled those things!

1 Comments:

  • At June 13, 2005 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'd better make sure that Joe keeps going with you so you have a running portfolio of everything. Looks like soooooo much fun. Too bad my ass and hips wouldn't take that much pressure any more. Keep trotting Tam.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home