Seen and Not Heard

Children should be seen and not heard. Silence is a woman's best garment. Aren't proverbs great? But I'm done with being quiet.

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mystic

Today, I got to ride Mystic. She's a 14.1 hh haflinger. This means she's technically a pony, but she's "stocky".

Mystic

Today Julie walked me through a beginner dressage test. Test A here. The hardest part was getting on the centerline to end (I kept overshooting). And halting with Mystic straight.

P1010024

I also learned to turn on the forehand. This involves getting the horse to pivot her hindquarters with the front legs as the pivot point. It's easier to avoid moving forward when there's something in front of you, like the picture below.

Turning on the forehand

Mystic's favorite part was the free walk. She certainly enjoyed stretching her neck out. In fact, I think she knows what the words mean, as she'd pull on the reins and snort as soon as Julie said it.

Free Walk

Thursday evening next week as Julie is busy over the weekend. Not sure who I'll be riding.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home